Friday, November 18, 2011

Back With My Bud

I always get a sense of excitement and cheery anticipation with the possibility of being with you again. When this photo was taken, after searching all over the bloody county for wig heads or any thing that resembled a mask, I remember how wonderful it was that I was able to carve out the time to spend with you and looked forward to the pride I would feel having you close to me: drown in that easy love that we seemed to share so readily. It was nice to for us to be a Dad/Daughter team and, in some small way, help others. But mostly, I remember just being with you and thinking how perfect it is to have a Bud like you.

Now, balancing work and friends and personal agendas, we must negotiate for special moments – get the requisite hall passes from all the various compartments and, indeed, time itself. But the notion that we will be together again soon makes me hope that I will live a long time just to experience our special bond over and over and over and over again. XOXO Love you so. Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment