Friday, April 29, 2011

Time to Chill....

I just read your email – who's being negative now? It's not like you but I certainly appreciate your sentiments. You have a rather complicated life right now and there seems to be some things about it that are gnawing at you. And that's what you need to focus on – not me or your Mom.

I for one, love to hear from you. Both as a daughter and as a valued colleague and sounding board. But I think we would both agree that if dialog is fleeting, superficial or simply just too difficult to fit in, might as well not do it. So I suggest you just chill from your familial role and do a deep dive into the life you are building and try to get it right: design it the way you are most comfortable and delighted to share. There is no need to feel like you are being a bad friend or communicator or the like – that just stokes guilt and then you will instinctively jump to a defensive posture when we do connect. So my counsel is to put some space between the things that are pressuring you (real or perceived) and take a look at life's most important issues; to be authentic, to find your presence and to nurture a sense of service to your life an the life of others.

So take a months vacation from from me and the notion that you have to connect. I'll see you on the other side of May. Just rest assured Lauren, I will be here when you need me, unconditionally with open arms and a loving heart. XOXO Dad

PS. Just launched the StratosForm Website plus new brand identity. Check it out. www.stratosform.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment