Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


Nanny and I got together for brunch just before noon. She had been on the phone for a few hours talking to you , Steven Worrall and a few girlfriends so nothing much had been done to bring the brunch to fruition. We quickly teamed up together in the kitchen and started to pull out some bacon, sausage, mushrooms and eggs. And the star of the typical British- style brunch: six or so plump lambs kidneys – let the mixed grill begin! We laughed hysterically throughout the preparation and in no time we were sitting down to the greasy sunny-side up eggs surrounded by fat laden meats, some fresh scones and a large glass of white wine for each of us.

Neither of us could move after the feast. We slowly moved to the living room, fired up the TV and watched the Lakers lose miserably to Denver – end of the playoffs and Phil Jackson's rein as coach. Hope knew nothing about basketball so I filled her in along the way and she seemed to enjoy it. She won't remember a single thing I told her for sure. I love my Mom. And I will miss her when the time comes. It will be sooner or later but inevitable. She is a true best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment